Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Well, what does she do with them?


Darling is on the precipice of losing her very first tooth and I have officially entered the Land Of I Don't Know...

After Handsome and I explained how the whole Tooth Fairy thing worked, and after being initially concerned about "squishing her under my pillow on accident", Darling hit us with a stumper:

What does the Tooth Fairy do with the teeth?

I really have no idea.

And the more I thought about it, the creepier the whole notion of a Tooth Fairy became. Some fairy that sneaks into your room while you're asleep to take your teeth for unknown reasons and to leave you a couple of bucks for them.

I guess I better come up with some decent logic of why she wants them before that first little incisor falls...

5 comments:

Hyperblogal said...

They become stars.... which is why there are so many in the heavens. The first time my daughter lost a tooth she put it under the pillow and the next morning was gratified to find a quarter. She asked me... you really get a quarter for every tooth you put under your pillow? I said yes... Next thing I know she's coming down the hall with her grandmother's false teeth. That's my little capitalist. :)

kcmeesha said...

my kid caught me doing the exchange once,that was the death of tooth fairy for us

MoxieMamaKC said...

Oh man! Hyperblogal! That's the best story. I'm totally using that. Meesha, my kid's a light sleeper, so we're kind of afraid of that...fingers crossed.

Thena said...

I've never been caught. But out of the blue one day my daughter asked me if I was the tooth fairy? I asked what gave her that idea? She said kids at school talking and that I'm also Santa and the Easter bunny, etc.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Kiddo asked me the same thing - I told him I didn't know. He really wanted to keep his tooth so he wrote the tooth fairy a note asking if she could leave it for him ... and of course she did. :)

Have you read THE SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES? There's a little hobgoblin in there who collects baby teeth and puts them in his own mouth since he doesn't have any teeth. It was pretty funny!