Thursday, January 24, 2008

Oh, What the Hell....

I've been meaning to do this for a while. As a marketing manager, I do "creative" all day to the point that I look at an ad and think, "Yeah, that's good, it'll sell stuff" but honestly, I've kept my true creative writing muse locked up in my inner closet with duct tape over her mouth for quite some time. She's been whining like full bladdered little puppy. She's finally kicked down the door and 'attention must be paid'. Fine, bitch, whatever, here you go. A blog just for you. Just don't make me smack you on the nose with a rolled up newspaper if you write something stupid.

I'm not sure what I'll write about. Probably about Handsome Hubby and Darling Daughter. Maybe about advertising. Probably Kansas City current events/news stories. I'll probably end up with a post or two on the elections. I'm an avid fan of my home town, so there will probably be restaurant/museum/entertainment/theatre reviews. Maybe even some KC history "Did you Knows" (I'm as full as tick with useless, but quaint trivia).

I'm gonna be like a cat and follow whatever bright shiny catches my fancy. I'm just gonna go for it and see where it takes me without worrying about things like grammar, punctuation, spelling or what people who know me would think if they read what I wrote. I haven't even decided if I'll tell Handsome Hubby I went for it.

I'll use this as my anonymous exhibitionist site for what I'm really thinking.

I chose the name Moxie Mama because everyone takes a journey every day. We head out the door in the mornings having no idea what lies ahead of us. Every day is a forage into the unknown. To paraphrase possibly the most over-quoted quote since "Remember the Alamo"....Life is like a "Choose Your Own Adventure" book, you never know where you're gonna end up. You might as well have as much fun with it as you can.

I've also got a healthy dose of sass in my personality, and moxie is something every gal's gotta have. The highest compliment I could give someone is to say "The kid's got moxie!"

0 comments: