Friday, August 28, 2009

The Triumphant Return of Indecision


Children of the '80's: Remember "Choose Your Own Adventure" books?

YAY! They're coming back!
(I bookmarked this a few days ago and I forget where I originally saw it and I'm very fastidious about giving credit where credit is due, so a thousand apologies...)

I LOVED these books when I was a kid. I remember the turmoil of trying to decide which page I turned to next. Why this was such a tremendous issue, I don't know, because I always inevitably read every possible combination and twist. 42 possible endings? I had to read every single one.

Seriously, read the story about their return. Very cool interview...a powerful example that you have to have good marketing behind whatever you try to sell.

5 comments:

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I will have to check those out! I didn't read any books as a kid except for The Giving Tree and it's still one of my favorites!

My girls love to read and we are always at our local library! I will look for those for them! Thanks for the tip!

Hugs!!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

oooh, yeah! I've been reading old copies of the Star Wars ones with Kiddo and he really likes them. I LOVED these books when I was a kid.

Mark Smith said...

Never read those. Jumped from little golden books to Charles Dickens. I think I must have read Great Expectations 50 times from ages 9 to 14. I was an odd kid.

Anti-Supermom said...

my five-year-old is so going to love these, thanks for the heads up!

The Editors said...

We have left you a small appreciation over at our site.