Monday, June 15, 2009

Emotional, Heartbreaking...I miss you...

Last Saturday, Darling, Handsome and I made our way to St. Louis to walk in the Komen Race for the Cure...I dedicate this to Aunt Angel....

I'm inspired to walk in KC's Komen Walk in August, but since Angel lived in St. Louis and it was her wish...we walked there first.

I got VERY emotional as we got to the finish line. I wasn't expecting that, but, well...it happened. A year and a half really isn't that long when you've lost someone you loved....


Before the Walk....


64,000 people who have been affected by breast cancer is pretty amazing...


We got very emotional towards the finish line. Remembering...Aunt Angel did the the STL Komen Walk every year....Her last was in a wheelchair...


PLEASE, God, let us discover a cure...

3 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

How awesome! I'm glad you were able to do this for your Aunt. I think the emotions were a good thing. A way of ending the walk in a bittersweet moment. Sending you lots of hugs and peace!
*HUGS*

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

what a wonderful way to honor your aunt

jmt said...

I don't have a clue if you're a fan of anything "reality tv" related, but if you ARE....

So you think you can dance was on last night and a contemporary piece was choreographed to show the relationship between a woman battling breast cancer and her supportive friend. If you're interested in viewing the dance, feel free to click the link in my blog post today. It takes you to a youtube video. I found it very moving....and have come to really find joy in dance as an expression of real life "stuff". I'm sure that the walk was amazing, and touching, and emotional, all rolled into one. :)