Monday, September 22, 2008

Call Me Polly F.N. Anna

Let me tell you how excited/happy we were to discover my husband's car was broken into sometime between midnight and 7:15ish this morning?

I was livid.

We should be happy that they didn't actually steal it. They did seem to have screw(driver)ed around with the steering column, but they were either too stupid to actually steal it or they got spooked away.

Nevertheless, they did take off with the CD player and a case that held about 20 cds which are going to be pretty difficult to replace. (He likes some weird obscure shit.)

The bright side? The Pollyanna moment?

Imagining the look on their face when they realize that they just stole a bunch of showtune cds.

MWAH HAHAHA!!!

Suck on THAT!

Hope you enjoy "Man of La Mancha" biotches! Bet there's a nice black market for "Urinetown" and Trans-Siberian Orchestra! I can't even imagine how much crack you'll be able to buy with "Cats". I bet your street cred is skyrocketing as you blare "Everything's Up To Date In Kansas City" from "Oklahoma" as you roll down Troost in somebody else's car. I want my "Trainspotting" CD back, but you can keep the CD Handsome's church choir made. You probably need it more than us.

*PS: Next time, fuckhead, pick a car that doesn't have a car seat in it, a dead give away that we have a small kid and wouldn't really appreciate/afford the expense of buying a new car after you trash ours. (Not that anyone can, but you know.)

**PPS: I'm kind of freaked out that my neighbor's work ID and work keys were laying on our front porch this morning. She was already gone by the time we left. I really hope she's ok/she didn't get robbed.

3 comments:

kcmeesha said...

scary shit. very unfortunate. maybe security system is in order.

Sizzle said...

That sucks! But I hope they hate show tunes just to show them.

Beautiful Mess said...

Ahhh I love Polly Anna moments. I'm always putting a positive spin on EVERYTHING. I'm sick and twisted like that. Hope you can replace your cd's and your neighbor is OK.
-D