Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Lesson In Gratitude...


Darling spent last weekend with my mom and dad. We aren't going to see my family on Easter so, naturally, the Easter Bunny came a little early and visited at Grandma's.

When my mom and dad brought her back on Sunday evening, I told Darling to thank Grandma and Grandpa for all the cool stuff (a Peeps necklace, an Easter dress, and LOTS of candy) they gave her.

Darling, with all the self-righteousness and justice a 4.5 yr old can muster, refused.

"Grandma didn't get these for me, the Easter Bunny did."

I told her to thank Grandma anyway.

She refused.

Sigh.

I guess she has a point...

Why give Grandma any credit when a mythical fertility creature deserves the props?

Good imagination, spoiled brat or future judge, I haven't decided...

6 comments:

Xavier Onassis said...

When my daughter was even younger than that, we were on our way somewhere about this time of year when we happened upon "the Easter Bunny" strolling down the sidewalk.

My daughter, astonished, asked "Why is that guy dressed like a rabbit?"

Hyperblogal said...

I wouldn't worry. All too soon she'll be grown up.

Beautiful Mess said...

Good for her! She stood up for what she thought was right, you're raising an amazing little girl. She's going to be a lovely woman!

Stacey K said...

LOL

She's not spoiled, she trusting. You and Grandma told her that the Easter bunny brought the stuff. Enjoy the age where they believe everything you say, it passes far too quickly. Soon enough they believe NOTHING you say (that stage seems to last FOREVER)

Maybe she can write the easter bunny a thank you note that Grandma can deliver.

MoxieMamaKC said...

What a great idea, Stacey! I'm totally using that!

Daniel Brenton said...

This post was highlighted in the April 3 edition of Gratitude Watch.

Thank you for promoting the value of gratitude.