Monday, April 27, 2009

Total Hypothetical here....

I'm a huge fan of the show Dollhouse. On this week's episode, a woman (who ends up being murdered) had her memories imprinted in Echo (it was in her will) so she could go back and see her funeral, find out what people really thought of her, and try to solve her murder.

Murder aside, if you could go back and observe your loved ones post your mortem, would you? Would you really want to know what people thought of you? Could you handle watching their grief?

I'm not sure what I would do...

PS...If you're not watching Dollhouse, you should. It took me a while to figure out if it was going to be really great, and as the story line (which starts a bit slow, admittedly) progresses, I LOVE it..

6 comments:

Brigindo said...

No I don't think I would. If there is an afterlife, and one where your are cognizant as your current self, I can only hope that I am no longer very interested in what is happening in the world left behind. Anything other than that would be painful, don't you think?

kcmeesha said...

I am pretty sure all of the 2 people at my funeral will be complaining that I am too fat and too heavy to carry.

Beautiful Mess said...

I LOVE that show! I missed that episode, though. I wouldn't do it. Not to see my funeral, at least. Maybe to solve my murder, but not to see all my family and friends in pain.

Stacey K said...

I love that show too! My family doesn't so I always catch it a day later on Hulu.

I wouldn't want to come back, not sure I could handle the pain.

Nuke said...

As for the question of coming back, no thanks. I figure being dead sucks enough without finding out that the people you loved think you were a shitbag. If I am sure they loved me, I don't need evidence.

Dollhouse tho is a pretty decent show. I wouldn't say I love it, but I do enjoy it. As the complexities become more apparent I like it better. I think the Dolls do a good job at portraying totally different people each week, it's gotta be great for an actor to stretch that much. This episode was not my favorite. Can't wait to see if Alpha really is Alan Tudyk or not.

Hyperblogal said...

I've found Dollhouse a little too dark for me. I was hoping for some comic relief ala Buffy... Also the premise has always troubled moi. I have asked for no funeral. Just put what's left of me out on the curb and call bulky item pickup... what family and friends who want to can follow the big truck with their lights on.