Tuesday, April 21, 2009

To Me...On the Anniversary of My Solar Return

Solar Return is just a fancy, New Agey way of saying birthday. It somehow sounds more dramatic, doesn't it? And I married an actor, so obviously I'm inclined towards the dramatic.

So, I'm 32. A smidge older than yesterday, definitely no wiser.

Mostly I'm just tired and ready for the weekend.

But I get retrospective on the day the sun returns to the position it was in on the day of my birth. It's the historian in me, I guess.

I'll admit the last few years have really been tough on me. Some of the toughest in my life and I'm not sure I'm a better person for having endured them. I've let my vices and inner demons get the best of me and had too much inertia about the things I know I need to change. But time marches on and so do I.

I promise myself to do more of the things I love: write, read, yoga, find my spiritual center, be an even better wife/mother/friend...

Time to change, but only for the better and place the past in the past where it belongs.

This year I give myself the present of the future and the vision to see it.

So here's to 32...to a better year.

11 comments:

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Moxie …
Happy Birthday to you!

I’m only a few months behind you – here’s to a great year. :)

kcmeesha said...

Happy Birthday! Add "blog more" to the list

Hyperblogal said...

Happy Solar Return, the Solstice of the Moxie, when I was 32 everything was still all black and white.... remember... the world wasn't in color until that moment in the Wizard of Oz when Dorothy steps out of the newly fallin' house... funny how it was caught on film Many happy returns of the day... and I echo m.v. please blog more when possible.

Tony said...

Happy B-Day gurl!!!

JustCara said...

Happy Birthday!!

Brigindo said...

Happy Birthday! I hope 32 brings you all that and more.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Happy Birthday!! You just survived your Saturn return. Between the ages of 28 and 31, you are supposed to find out your life's purpose. I'm almost glad that they were tough. I grew more in my tough years than any other time in my life. Yes, It was during my Saturn return that I cleaned up my act and my life. I've been smoke and drug free for almost 11 years. Looking back, I can honestly tell you that I wouldn't change a thing now. I do think we learn, grow and experience what we need to, to be grateful and appreciate those really good days. It only gets better!
Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day! I turned 41 this year .... believe me ... it only gets better. I was glad to leave my 30s behind me!

Keep on movin' on!

Stacey K said...

A very belated Happy Birthday! I'm a decade older than you. Well, 10 years and 4 months to the day.

May the coming year bring you joy, happiness and harmony!

Nuke said...

Sorry I am late to the party, but I hope you really did have a good B-day.

And 32? I didn't know you were such a young lass. Lemme know when you catch up with me ;-)