Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy (Belated) Blogiversary to me...

It's been one year (last Sat) since I started writing this crazy thing. A whole year. When I decided to dip my toe in the bloggy waters, I didn't know what to expect.

I pretty much still don't but I'm having fun doing it. This ol' blog (I can't believe it's been a whole year) has become a really nice little ranting spot for all the voices in my head and I've made some pretty good/supportive blog friends along the way.

I'm an analyzer. On birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I tend to take an evaluation of the past and the future. So, it seems appropriate to do so now.

I haven't been quite so prolific in the last few months (mainly because it's been crazy insane in real life) but I still enjoy the outlet. I like that my blog is random. I know serious bloggers always advise to have a topic or theme and stick with it.

Meh.

My brain is completely sporatic and so is my blog. My topics have been as strange as Man-scara, ghost stories, stuff about my kid and politics. I'm not going to change that.

I also know I have a relatively small readership, all things considered. I've never really tried to "recruit" people to read me, but I do hope my readership goes up. Maybe I should try to cast my readership nets wider. I'm just not all that sure how to go about it the right way.

I'd like to redesign my design. I'm only using a crappy Blogger backdrop which is shameful since I'm an advertising and marketing professional. I know better than this. My time has just been increasingly limited and web design has never been my thing.

Another goal of mine is to become an occasionally paid blogger. I'm not brave enough (yet) to base my income solely on writing, but to know that someone thinks my opinion is worthy enough to pay me to say something would be nice. Plus, I've always wanted to free lance and other than a few projects here and there over the years, I've never really actively pursued it.

So, we'll see. Who knows what this year holds. I do know that I promise to publish more often and comment more frequently...

15 comments:

The DLC said...

congrats Moxie! Keep up the good work.

Kansas Sity Sinic said...

love your blog lady!

Keep on keepin on!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Wow, an entire year of Moxie! How did I get so blessed?!

Donna. W said...

I'm fairly new to your blog, but I'm lovin' it.

Hyperblogal said...

I like it too. I'm in my third week of blogging so will you, like, be my big sister or something? Bloggerally speaking of course.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Happy Blogiversary!! Mine is today!! What a year it has been!

I loved the ghost stories!!

You and your blog ROCK!!

Hugs!!

Sugar Britches said...

I'm so glad you're here!

Brigindo said...

Happy Blogiversary! I'm so glad you decided to give blogging a try and like it enough to stick around. I don't think you need a consistent theme at all. I love never knowing what to expect here but I especially love your stories.

Tony said...

Hey you, Happy Blogiversary!!!

Dan said...

Bravo! Looking forward to year 2. I just noticed I don't have you on my blogroll - I'm correcting that mistake today.

kcmeesha said...

Congratulations, I read your blog since day 1 (or 2) and also appreciate you taking time to comment on mine and others'.

MoxieMamaKC said...

Thanks, guys! Aww! I'm not sure I'm a great role model, Hyperblogal, but sure, I'd be honored!

Beautiful Mess said...

Happy Blogiversary! I love your sporatic topics. I enjoy reading your entries, keep it up, sista!
Hugs!

Hyperblogal said...

Cool.

RDM said...

Congrats...Have a great year!!!