Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Glory of Spam

I have a love/hate relationship with the potted meat product known as Spam. However, as I was browsing thru the latest edition of Advertising Age, I was shocked to see that Spam is making a dramatic comeback in these times of economic crisis....

Go Spam.....

Mind you, my first experience with Spam was in high school junior year history class. When we had to "use the facilities" we were given a hall pass attached to a can of Spam. It was our teacher's trademark hall pass. When our IB History class graduated, we all got Spam shirt...


Deep, dark, dirty serious confession time...

I've yet to try it. It scares me....

Nonetheless, I'm fascinated...I love it's "pop culture icon" status.
Maybe I just love Weird Al...


Maybe I just love "Spamalot" (One of the most incredibly funniest musical ever written)...



Check out their website. Check out the ads...


Maybe check out some recipes such as...

Caesar SPAMBURGER® Hamburger
Mac 'n SPAM® 'n Cheese
Maple SPAM™ Stuffed Squash
Reuben Baked Potatoes(This one's for you, DLC!)
SPAMBALAYA™ Jambalaya
And, Of course, for dessert.....

SPAM™ Cupcakes

*Moxie Mama is not to be held responsible for any gastronomical difficulties incurred by trying above recipes. I have not tried them, nor will I be coaxed into doing so. Cook and consume at your own risk.*

0 comments: