Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Stop Thief!


Oopps...

Handsome and I totally ripped off Quik Trip for $33.

Yesterday Handsome went to fill up the car with gas. When he put his gas id card in, it told him to see the cashier. He did. The cashier said we drove off last week without paying for our $33 worth of gas.

Handsome balked. Told him he always came into pay for gas. The cashier said, "No big deal, sometimes we switch to the next user before the last person pays so the system gets messed up."

And then he voided the $33 from last week.

Handsome makes it out the door and to the car before he realizes what happened.

Last week we went to QT. He filled up at the pump and I went inside for essential road trip snackies. I misunderstood Handsome who told me to let them know we had gas on pump 11. I paid for snacks alone and took off. I thought he was paying at the pump, as he sometimes does.

Handsome did not pay for the gas.

We just ripped off QT. I kind of feel bad about it. But then again, gas is expensive and we have absolute brand loyalty to that chain (Handsome will drive on fumes to get to QT). They are starting to get a bigger chunk of our paychecks each week.

Besides, it would be ridiculous to go back in a say, "Oh yeah, we really do owe this" because well, we'd look dumb.

I still feel like a thief...

6 comments:

FletcherDodge said...

Dang! And I thought I was evil.

MoxieMamaKC said...

I'm diabolical, what can I say? My Catholic guilt kicked in and I feel bad. But it's kind of too late now. Oh well...

Mark Smith said...

I think the oil companies will survive the loss.

kcmeesha said...

I have no idea why people have brand loyalty to QT. I fill up at any gas station that's 1)cheaper, 2) close by, 3) Costco

"The D" said...

I calling the cops! You broke the law and you must pay the consequences.

Now what's the number for 911?

Miss K said...

Hey Moxie Mama. Thanks for joining the Historical Fiction Reading Challenge. I'm sorry it took me so long to welcome you! We have a review blog and a yahoo group all up and running. If you're interested in joining either one of these, email me at anniebucknall at hotmail dot com and I'll send you an invite.

Just read about two months worth of posts by the way...a crack up! Love your blog!