Wednesday, July 23, 2008

You're a Tease, Mother Nature


Dear Mother Nature,

I'd like to file a formal complaint with you. Yes, I know you're busy with hurricanes and floods in other parts of the country, but here in KC, we could use a good, solid rain.

Look at your planner....yep, see...it's been a while. I think you're due, sweetheart.

That little temper tantrum of thunder and lightning last night was pretty, but you really didn't put any really feeling into it. The ground is still really dry this morning.

I'm not trying to be pushy or anything, but my flowers are wilting despite my best efforts and if you don't get around to it soon, my lawn is going to fry. Not that I'm one of those lawn-obsessive people, mind you. I'd just like a bit of relief.

So, if you can squeeze it into your tight schedule, I'd appreciate.

Sincerely,

Moxie

0 comments: