Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mary Jane...er, I mean, Mary Ann...




This is truly just too funny. Dana Wells, who played Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island, was busted for pot.

Seriously. If even Mary Ann is tokin' it up, maybe the Pope should reconsider his deadly sins. Shouldn't there be a "pot indulgence" or something? It's been years and years since I actually might have imbibed, but it just doesn't seem like pot is really all that big of a deal.

People can make the argument of it being a gateway drug and all of that, but 95% of the people I know who still smoke pot, including a nun, have never decided to transisition to the hard stuff. I personally don't find marijuana all that amusing, but hey, if it's your kicks, whatever.

It seems like pot has become the wussy, white bread, suburban act of rebellion. (This is not to say I wouldn't be upset if years in the future I found out my darling daughter was smoking it.) It's so passe, why don't they just legalize it and tax the hell out of it?

0 comments: