Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Ghost Posts ~ The Third Floor

Continuing from yesterday, another story from the NE KC house...

Handsome and I eventually moved into our third floor suite of 2 bedrooms and a tiny bathroom (It was a large closet converted into a bathroom-toilet, sink, shower.) Handsome and I used the bigger bedroom as a bedroom, and I enjoyed the two nooks the dormers created. One was just big enough for my desk, the other for a bookshelf, chair and reading lamp. The closet was kind of small, but well, I'm a girl and we always want bigger closets.

Across the hall was the other room. It had a "guest" bed, more bookshelves and the computer. In that room was also the bathroom. Or should I say, Handsome's bathroom. I never took a shower in there. It gave me the creeps to be in there by myself. I'd always go down to the 2nd floor to bathe (that shower had a whole other kind of weird which I'll tell you later).

Handsome and I at first really liked the idea of having our own semi-isolated space away from everyone else. But it didn't take us long to figure out that the third floor was the most "visted" part of the house.

The extra bedroom was the worst. I had to spend a lot of time in there during our first year in the house because I was working on my thesis. You never felt alone in that room. And not in a good way.

Handsome would tease and remind me that our house was in the "old Italian" part of the city and that maybe someone got tortured and whacked in what was now a bathroom.

He thought he was being funny until one night he was the one who got up in the middle of the night to pee. He said that when he walked in the room he saw someone sitting on the bed get up and dart into the shadows of the corner. He flipped the light on and no one was there. He stopped teasing me after that.

Another time, I got up to pee (I've always been a nocturnal pee-er) and when I reached into the bathroom to turn on the light I felt something grab my hand for a second and then a gust of cold (not wind, more like a flash) go through me.

If it was just weird shit like that, it might not have bothered me as much as it did. Because whatever it was that was in that room was NOT good. It was angry and just felt evil (the most evil feeling spirit I've ever encountered) and every few weeks or so something would happen that would freak me out.

Like the time I was vaccuming and the door slammed open. Or the times I would hear a male voice calling my name in the stairwell when no one was in the house.

The extra bedroom was definitely creepy. I usually would turn up my music loud and try to ignore "things". Stuff didn't happen all the time, so it was usually it was ok.

Tomorrow, "When Ghosts Get Possessive" or "The Stuff in the Other 3rd Floor Bedroom"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh that's weird, it is the 3rd floor of my friends place that is most active as well. Thru repeated observations the consensus is that to maids who where housed up there when it was owned by a wealthy family were in fact the responsible spirits.

In fact at a costume party thrown by the previous owner, one guest reported talking to 2 young women dressed as Victorian maids on the landing between 2 and 3. The host almost wigged out when he realized that it wasn't guests.

MoxieMamaKC said...

THAT is truly creepy! I'm not sure if the families that lived in our house would have had live-in help, but I'm dead sure someone died violently up there.