Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Moxie's Bitch Break

Time out for the Ghost Posts. I need to vent. Here's my top list of shit that's bugging me:

1. Politics. I don't need to hear the words Hope, Maverick, Economic Armageddon, Joe Plumber, Joe Six Pack or Joe Biden until roughly 2010. Is it Nov. 4th yet? I'm ready to just put the new guy (whoever he is) in office so I can stop wanting to punch my tv screen everytime I see Bush.

2. I'm cutting out caffeine. Literally for the last week, I've been cutting down from my 10 a day Diet Coke habit. (Yeah, I know!) This sucks. I'm exhausted, and always have a low grade headache. But I'm down to 2-3 a day. I hope to be caffeine free Moxie by the end of the week, you know, right when all hell breaks loose.

3. All hell is breaking loose. Tomorrow I have a meeting-athon that starts at 8 and doesn't end until 5. They might let us eat lunch. Thursday I have to cut radio spots for my day job (haven't written them yet) and I have to be the paranormal wrangler for the museum as a ghost hunting group is coming in until MIDNIGHT. Friday I have a full day of work and then a Trunk N Treat until 9pm. Sat. and Sun is full of museum stuff and the 175th anniversary of Westport festivities.

4. Handsome Deprivation. Did I mention Handsome's gone from 8 am until 11 pm all this week since he has a day job and his next show is going up soon? Sunday was our 6 year wedding anniversary and Thursday is our 12 dating anniversary and I'm going to be lucky to do anything with him other than sleep next to him and listen to him snore until at least the day after Halloween.

5. Sleep Deprivation. Darling needs to understand that if she wakes Mama up at 3:30 am, Darling might be able to go back to sleep, but Mama sure as hell can't. Thanks, kid. Thanks a lot.

6. Ghost Posts is more work than I thought it would be. And I'm not even doing a very good job of it. Thankfully, the contest starts very soon. I thought it would be cool to do it. Now I'm self-conscious that it's just stupid.

7. Donuts. Handsome got this stupid "Donut Maker" for a white elephant gift last Christmas at work. Now he's getting pressure to "make the donuts" and bring them in. This equates to Moxie finding a recipe, making said donuts for Handsome's work. He could theoretically do this himself, but since he's only going to get about 5-6 hours of sleep a night, I need to do it for him. Next week. Not this week.

8. High maintenance friends. I'm currently in the middle of two seperate cases of Friend Tug of War. I didn't sign up for that shit. Deal with it on your own, leave me out of it. Plus, around Halloween people always want me to come over and see if their house is haunted. I'm not a psychic. I don't know. I definitely see my fair share of ghosts, but it's not like I can seek them out.

9. I'm broke. And by broke I mean we are up to our ears in bills. Darling's outgrowing clothes faster than I can buy them. Stuff that fit back in late August/September is now too small. WTF?! Thank God Handsome is getting paid for the show he's doing currently.

10. Mama Guilt. I'm worried that as busy as Handsome and I are last week, this week and next week, Darling's going through Parent Withdrawl. Yes, I try to spend as much time as I can with her, but I feel like I'm failing her. She told me last night that she missed me. Nothing like a 4 year old telling you that you're too busy.

Ok, I'm done. Bitch Break complete. Back to the regularly scheduled shit.

7 comments:

kcmeesha said...

#7 just buy some donuts, you won't regret it.

Stacey K said...

Bad time to give up caffeine. :-) Handsome gone a lot, Darling getting up at 3:30. You might need a cup of coffee to get through the day.

The ghost posts are cool. I've enjoyed reading them, so don't think the effort was stupid.

Anonymous said...

Ghost posts may be effort, but I hope you don't think it wasted. Cuz some of us love em.

That said, I totally understand not having the time/energy. Life is rough everywhere right now. I don't know anybody who is gleefully living large right now. All I can do is say I hope it gets better, for all of us, before too long.

Oh, and Meesha has a solid plan. If the donuts weren't too extravagant and were in a personal Tupperware container rather than a Lamar's box I certainly wouldn't question the authenticity. I'd be too busy counting to see if there were enough for seconds.

May said...

I think the ghost posts are neat. You shouldn't feel bad about them!

Serenity said...

awesome ghost posts. I am enthralled!! easy donuts to make is get cheap buscuits in a can and cut holes in them and fry them till golden brown. dust with either cinnamon and sugar or powder sugar. you got donuts easy-smeasy

Hey There! I'm Amanda! said...

hang in there kid! and keep up your ghost posts! they couldn't be worse than HSM on Ice contest where NO ONE wanted tickets!!!! HA! if nothing else make a caramel apple shot or two...

Momo Fali said...

Um...how did you break into my house and get my list of things to vent about? Especially the kids waking me during the night. Drives me crazy!!!