Friday, October 3, 2008

Haunted KC ~ Vaile Mansion



Want to visit a really haunted house this weekend? Try the Vaile Mansion In Independence, MO.

I went there a few years ago during Christmas time and the house was all het up in Victorian Christmas overload. I broke one of my cardinal rules of museum-seeing. Never go when this kind of crap is going on unless you really don't carry what you see.

Since I had heard it was haunted and my BFF had a freaky experience/feeling when she went one non-special evented weekend, I was mildly intrigued. I ended up disappointed. Too much was going on around me for me to actually get a feel for the place. Plus, I have a personal aversion to Victorian decorating and they go WAY overboard. I do plan on going back at some point to check it out.

Strange USA has a creepy description of the Vaile Mansion. Check it out.

Ghost Vigil, a group of paranormal researchers also did an investigation of the house. They have great background info on it, very interesting.

So, get off the couch, and go outside and play as my mom would say.

1 comments:

WILLIAM said...

Haunted...and you went...braver than I.