Friday, November 14, 2008

Ok, Whatever...the Downtime Edition

I'm pretty sure it's lame to be home alone on a Friday night, but, well, screw you.

I'm tired, I'm sick as shit, and I don't have a day off until Thanksgiving and I couldn't find a babysitter tonight that would work for free laundry facilities and Pizza Rolls (Handsome's siblings) so I couldn't pretend to be a grown up and go watch his show tonight.

Which, between you and me? It's ok.

Tomorrow is a big day (think Scarlett O'Hara as I say that)...

Despite being sick, exhausted and moderately depressed over everything I still have to somehow do over the next 3 weeks?

THE F'IN O'BAMA SONG IS STUCK IN MY SCOTCH-IRISH HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


One Quarter of my heritage is "Britannic" (Scotch, Irish, English).

F' it....

Top 5 Songs That Get Stuck In Moxie's Head:
5. "There's No One as Irish as Barack O'bama"
4. "Mrs. Brown" Herman's Hermits
3. "We Didn't Start the Fire" Billy Joel
2. "Paperback Writer" The Beatles
1. "Henry the 8th" Herman's Hermits

Notice I didn't torture you with links...

Moxie's benevolent like that.

Handsome knows, over the course of our 12 years together all he has to say is "En'ry" and I'm F'd for the rest of the day.

It's cute but annoying.

Wish me luck this weekend, guys. I'm stressin'!

3 comments:

Stacey K said...

Sorry you're still sick. Hope you feel better soon. I know how hard it is to be sick with kids around - especially little kids. Now that most of mine are big I can be sick and sulky and they won't need me to be up cooking or whatever.

next time Handsome is home sing the line

Let me tell you a story about a man named Jed.

He won't be able to help himself, he'll have to do the next line. Well, if he's old enough. If ya'll are young'uns, then never mind..won't work. :-)

Muser Grace said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope things are settling down for you. Business just sucks! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to feeling better, being sick sucks!

As for songs, I have that damn free credit report dotcom rap (the bicycle one) in my head and it will NOT leave.