Monday, November 10, 2008

I really do make the best grilled cheese!




A while ago, I submitted my recipe for Grilled Cheese over on Parent Dish for a contest and guess what?! My recipe won! Yay!

Click on the link above to go watch them make my recipe (and another one that looks really good too.)

If not, here's how I make mine:

2 slices of Sara Lee Heart Healthy 100% Multigrain bread
2 slices of Kraft Cheese
"I Can't Believe It's Not Butter".

I usually spritz each side of each piece of bread very lightly with the "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" (helps to make it "golden brown".

Place the cheese slices in between to construct the sandwich. Then, using a George Foreman grill, I toast the sandwich for 30-45 seconds on one side, flip it over and rotate 90 degrees (to create tic tac toe grill marks) and grill another 30 seconds.

This makes the perfect grilled cheese. It's not oily, but it's light, slightly crispy and the cheese is perfectly melted. This is the easiest, quickest yummiest grilled cheese.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very similar to my version, except I am too lazy to dig the foreman out.

heat frying pan to med/hi
butter (spread or spray) 2 slices of bread lightly (I usually use a whole ground wheat bread)
place one slice of bread in the skillet, butter side down
place a slice of Kraft American cheese and a slice of Swiss (or Pepperjack) on the bread, and place the second slice of bread on it (butter side up)
let the bread sizzle for 30-60 seconds, or until lightly browned on the bottom
flip with spatula and let the second side brown

OK in retrospect mine takes a little more work, so maybe getting the Foreman out isn't such a bad idea.

Stacey K said...

Congrats!!

I use the forman grill or rocket grill, depending on which is closer.

for mine I add hot sauce to the bread before putting cheese on it. Of course I put hot sauce on everything.

kids won't eat it that way though

Sugar Britches said...

You're next in line for your own Food TV show.

Unknown said...

They look very good. I have not made any in a while... today is prolly the day :)