Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Political Buddy Intrigue is Getting to me. HELP!

So, I've been ignoring politics for a bit this last couple of weeks (I've needed a break.)

I'm 50/50 split between Obama and McCain. I'm equally apathetic to both.

PLEASE, will someone answer this question:

WHY IS IT SO INTRIGUING TO FIGURE OUT WHO OBAMA'S RUNNING MATE IS? DOES ANYONE CARE WHO'S MCCAIN'S BACK UP IS?

Honestly speaking, McCain is a one-termer at best due to his age. I'm more concerned with who's the back up plan for him rather than Obama.

Is the swarming media attention because of the upcoming DNC or the fact Obama's got more media appeal?

Or is it something else?

Whadda ya think?

5 comments:

In Due Time said...

Coming over from ICLW...



Sad to say, I am not even sure I am voting this year. They both suck.

kcmeesha said...

it's the way to keep it in the news

Fifty K said...

here from ICLW. Because Obama is such a (and I hate to say the word change) change from the typical candidate, that's why the media is all over this. There are so many potential running mates being considered, everyone wants to know. Also, everyone (the media) also think they know who it will be. I am ready for this whole election to be over already.

Muser Grace said...

Here from ICLW.

Interesting point about McCain and the lack of interest in his running mate...perhaps it's all the speculation early on that Obama might choose Clinton as his running mate, creating an even more history-making campaign...

Sizzle said...

I think it is because of the previous tight race with Hillary Clinton and the fact that Obama has kept his options on the down low so people are prone to wonder (re: gossip). The media plays a large part in how this has been so built up, as does his campaign. Gotta give them both credit seeing as how the hubbub is pretty big. Guess it worked?