Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sophomore Memories...

This week is the week school started. As in the college I graduated from...Handsome's 2 youngest siblings started back this week. Is it bad to say I'm kind of jealous of those tumultuous times (in some ways)? His youngest brother, Spoiled (because he IS) is a sophomore.

Upon realizing this, my mind wandered back to August 1996. The first few weeks of my own sophomore year.

It was one of those years for me that changed my life forever, irrevocably. So much shit happened in one condensed 8 week period for me.

I walked out of my parents' house forever against their wishes.

I did shit that I shouldn't have to forget things that shouldn't have happened.

I was date raped.

I was utterly on my own for the first time ever.

I was scared.

I was alive.

For the first time.

I met Handsome, my salvation from pain.

He shouldn't have been.

He deserved better than that.

I learned what unconditional, instantaneous love was.

I started to figure out who I was.

I was given support in fighting life-long demons.

The soundtrack for this time in my life was Pulp's "Different Class" CD.

I've never been the same.

That time in my life could never be repeated.

It was horrible and it was glorious.

All at the same time...

The best of times AND the worst of times.

1 comments:

Shiona said...

OMG! You are one amazing woman to get through all of that. In so short of a period. I am amazed! I'm sorry you had to go through that!