Thursday, August 28, 2008

This week is in a vacuum

That is to say in the venacular, it sucks. I've had to be at work at 6:45 the last few days and since Tuesday, I've been thinking that it was really Thursday. Now that it is indeed Thursday, I wish it was Friday.

It's been a long, tedious week, and it ain't over yet, kids.

On the bright side, I went to lunch at Max's Autodiner on Wornall. Thanks, DLC for the reminder to visit locally-owned eateries.

Best. damn. seasoned. curly. fries. And I mean that.

Excellent burgers too. I'm completely stuffed. I'm never eating again. Plus, with the gentle purr (roaring, exhaust-emitting purr) of the traffic on Wornall a few feet away from your table to aid in the outside dining ambiance, how can I not be in a good mood?

I'm going to have a "Mommy Has a Headache" night and let Darling play with Daddy until she goes to bed and he has to go be advice counselor to his younger (and currently troubled) brother, Savior. I can sum up the entire advice he needs into one simple paragraph: "Shut the hell up, pull your head out of your ass and get on with it. You're pissing your 20's away and you're not happy. Quit whining, being a pussy and stand up for yourself." (Really, I should do this professionally, don'tcha think?)

Getting up too early is not helping my intense current bout of insomnia.

Maybe I'll go swimming.

I guess I'm just too full and too fussy right now. Please pardon the bitching.

1 comments:

lub said...

Yummmm- curly fries from a local joint. Now I am hungry. (ICLW)