Friday, August 29, 2008

Historical, any way you slice it.

It's officially announced, Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin is John McCain's VP choice.

So....

No matter who wins the election, history will be made. We'll either have the first woman VP or the first African American president.

Pretty neat, huh?

Yeah, I'm not all that impressed either, but Palin seems like a pretty cool governor. Then again, I really don't know much about her other than she's the mother of 5.

I think it's a nice tactic on McCain's part to pick her. Now he can say "We can have a potential first too!" (I imagine him sticking out his tongue and taunting Obama playground-style.) And, at 44, she's even younger than Obama who is 47.

She's a surprising choice, but a good strategic one. Maybe she'll bring a little youthful energy into the McCain Campaign Train.

1 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I wasn't all THAT brave about the snake..we were at a county fair and we got a picture taken with a snake that gets held all the time. It was still an amazingly beautiful animal and I feel lucky to have held it, but it wasn't like I was tromping through the swamp and grabbed an Anaconda..I'm not THAT cool..yet ;o) I'm with ya on your post..it'll be an interesting and historical election. Have a GREAT weekend in the middle of nowhere!
-D *ICLW*