Monday, February 23, 2009

Dollhouse? Anybody?


I've been a huge fan of Joss Whedon for years. Especially Buffy The Vampire Slayer (the show, not the crappy movie). I was REALLY looking forward to his new show Dollhouse.

Not only am I a huge Joss fan, I also LOVE Eliza Dushku.

This show, in theory, should rock my world...

There have been 2 episodes so far and I don't know what to think. I really want to like it, but it really hasn't caught me up yet. Maybe I just can't get into the idea of brainwashing a woman in order to make her be anything you want her to be. Plus, her handler isn't Anthony Stewart Head (Giles). Maybe I just need to keep watching in order for it to make sense.

Anyone else watching? Any thoughts?

6 comments:

Stacey K said...

I like it. I don't love it yet, but time will tell. Buffy wasn't all that great in the first part of the first season, so I'm not giving up on this yet.

spooneb said...

MM-- I concur with Stacey K. Both Buffy & Angel took awhile to hit their strides. I'm gonna give Dollhouse a bit of time to rev up. I, too, am a huge ED fan and am interested in seeing her portray various characters each week while rediscovering her core personality.

Hyperblogal said...

I loved Buffy.... so I will give this a try too. Premise seems somehow cruel though.

May said...

I haven't seen it yet, but plan to when it comes out on DVD. I'm glad to hear you like it!

Average Jane said...

I'm giving it plenty of time to make me love it, but so far I'm not in love with it yet.

Anonymous said...

I like Joss' work as well but lately he's been slipping so to speak. I hoipe this Dollhiouse is good.