Friday, February 13, 2009

Who Doesn't Love a Clever Parody?

Sorry for not posting much this week, but it's been a bitch with a capital B.

I gave into my perfectionist, "I'm going to do all the things my mom never did" BS and actually made 30 homemade Valentines for Darling's class (NEVER, NEVER AGAIN, Psycho Moxie! JUST SAY NO TO CRAFTS!!!!)

Not only that, my adorable, fuel efficient, Ford Focus wagon (that won't be paid off until next year) was rear ended by a fucktard driving his sister-from-California's Navigator. You do the math on that one while I cry my eyes out, m'kay?

Then the corporate office geniuses that I work for screwed my paycheck up by almost $300. Just a mistake? It's the 5th time they made a mistake in the last year. I'm getting severely irritated.

The one shining ray of Happy, Happy this week is that my daughter got into the Big Girl School of Her Parents' Choice after some tense nail biting. My baby will be a Kindergartener next year. (pause for a weepy Mama bittersweet sob)

So yeah, there's lots of other stuff seasoned in with all this stuff, but I'll spare you.

I've been low on laughs this week until I found this parody of "American Pie" (the song, not the stupid movie) over at Of Cabbages and Kings. It made me happy. Go check it out. Pretty funny blogger...

Here's the genius...

The Day the PC Died


(VERSE ONE)

Just late last week or so
I can still remember how the Web, it used to make me smile
And I knew if I could log-on
I'd have readers saying, "blog on!"
And maybe they would Follow for a while
But I pushed the button, and I shivered
The silence, how it made me quiver
Virus, maybe malware?
The screen, it gave a blank stare
I can't remember if I cried
When I powered up and it just sighed
The loss, I felt it deep inside
The day the PC died

(REFRAIN)

So, bye-bye Tweets from good Stephen Fry
Took my PC to the GeekSquad and they said they would try
While great new toys for Wii were waving goodbye, saying,
Chin up, dude, you're starting to cry
Chin up, dude, there's no need to cry


(VERSE TWO)

Do you hold PCs aloft?
And do you have faith in Microsoft
Because Bill Gates has told you so?
Do you believe in service fees
Can virus scans save our PCs?
And can you teach the clever tricks you know?
Well, I see that you charge by the hour
I found the rates there at the counter
It's so much cash to lose
But withdrawal makes me sing the blues
I am a lonely, Tweeting, blogging Stumbler
With my sleek workstation I made my fumble
Then I saw my Web world crumble
The day the PC died
I started singin'


(REFRAIN)

Bye-bye Tweets from good Stephen Fry
Took my PC to the GeekSquad and they said they would try
While great new toys for Wii were waving goodbye, saying,
Chin up, dude, you're starting cry...
Chin up, dude, there's no need to cry...


(VERSE THREE)

Now for four days I've been on my own
I have a laptop, it's on loan
But it's just not the same to me
When I log-on, the apps don't know my name
And the forums they don't look the same
And my fingers tend to hit wrong keys
And while I waited for that phone call
To say it's fixed and here's the last bill
Trouble's new direction
Zapped my whole connection
Yes, seems some jerk in a Corvette Shark
Hit a power line outside our office park
We sang dirges in the dark
The day the PCs died
We were singin'

(REFRAIN)

Bye-bye Tweets from good Stephen Fry
Took our PCs to the GeekSquad and they said they would try
While great new toys for Wii were waving goodbye, saying,
Chin up, dudes, you're starting to cry
Chin up, dudes, there's no need to cry


My computer is the last thing to explode this week....not that I'm asking for trouble on Friday the 13th or anything...

3 comments:

Stacey K said...

So sorry to hear about your poor car!

Good week for Darling though! Homemade Valentines and the right school. :-)

Have some chocolate and a drink - to celebrate that Friday is here and hopefully your rough week is over!

Anonymous said...

Geez... fate was not kind to you... except for the school part.. yea!!! Daughter, after getting her license 4 years ago, decided to pick on SUVs with her KIA. About the same outcome as you I imagine... only she rear-ended two of them at two different times. I think I yelled something like "pick on someone your own size!!!!! She's been accident free since then. Your week reminds me of a saying, "cheer up, things could be worse, so I cheered up and sure enough things got worse."

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Sounds like we are having similar experiences. Sorry about your car. Congrats on your daughter's Big Girl School!
I'm not a crafty kind of girl. I posted a someecard that was pretty funny if I do say so myself!

Hope things get better for both of us.
I'm not sharing who linked to my post but he's a famous Dr. and I have some of his books. Still creepy!

Hugs!!