Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This is why I drink Diet Coke...


I'm a huge fan of Advertising is Good For You. They have great commentary on a lot of campaigns. Then I saw this today.

I just about spit out my Diet Coke laughing.

Check out Lawrence Yang's site. I love it when artists see different things than the intended. That being said, I'm sure tons of research went into Pepsi's new design and hours of laborious focus groups, etc. Along comes some guy and he hilariously defaces it. I hope people don't do this to me. I'm sure they do.

Yang's art is awesome. Check it out. It makes me wish I had the money to buy beautiful, real art...

Sigh...

5 comments:

Hyperblogal said...

Several years ago NBC decided to re-design their logo. They spent a few hundred thousand with a company for design, focus groups, ... you know the drill. Then they announced and adopted it... and were promptly sued by another company that was already using it.

Beautiful Mess said...

HAHAHA! I drink Diet Pepsi and I did like the new logo, now..I'm going to giggle like a school girl every time I see it.

Unknown said...

Great link, I often wonder if I should move to advertisement. So much of what I see makes me think I would be so much more awesomer!

Sharon Day said...

It's not the Pepsi that made him fat, it's the horizontal stripes, everyone knows that's unflattering... hee hee

May said...

That guy on the right is totallyStrong Sad from homestarrunner.com!