Monday, April 7, 2008

Bye Bye Crown Scoreboard

I have mixed feelings. I spent so many years of my life riveted, biting my nails, hoping, praying to that beautiful, yet, ultimately vengeful god in Center field. Crown Scoreboard, I'm talking to YOU...I promise, I'll stop Royals blogging soon, but as I drove by the semi-dismantled Crown Scoreboard in Feb, a little piece of my childhood died....

I'll miss you, but I'm curious about your replacement...until tomorrow...a kiss for your memory...Ya saw me thru my first game before I was even born (my daughter's first game before she was even born, too)...all the games of my childhood as I sat mesmerized by my heroes George Brett, Brett Saberhagen, Bo Jackson, Danny Tartabull, Dick Howser, Willie Wilson, Hal McRae...as I was enamored (briefly) by Johnny Damon, Jermaine Dye, Joe Randa, Mike Sweeney...

Scoreboard, it won't be the same without you, no matter how hard they try to "improve" on your greatness...

0 comments: