Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My 2 Cents Since I Can't Keep My Mouth Shut

Well said, Logtar. While I'm pretty new at blogging, I've always felt welcome to come to the Meet Ups. Several of you post it on your blogs and invite everyone to join. I may even come sometime soon. Way to be elitist and all.

I freely admit that when you open your personal thoughts up to world wide comment, you have to take it on the chin sometimes if someone takes offense to it and/or you. Bloggers have to have tough skin to a point.

Satire is a slippery slope. Without voice inflection or facial expression, it is more susceptible to misinterpretation. Blogger Who Shall Not Be Named teeters between Satire and Mean.

I honestly was appalled by his complete insensitivity towards the death of a local blogger. For someone who is the self proclaimed promoter of local blogs/bloggers, that seems like a real d-bag thing to do.

At the same time, I think he has every right protected by the Constitution to say what he wants to say. Will I still read him? Sure, until he personally offends me beyond reasonability. In between all the half naked women and Bold Italic type in Red, he occasionally has something worthwhile and semi-insightful to say. I get KC News that I wouldn't get otherwise. He's interesting if nothing else. I even received a link to from him which I thought was cool back in February.

I personally think that he could be a bigger/better force in the City if he wasn't constantly tearing everything about it down and dissing everyone around him. But maybe that's just me.

I find it ironic that he gets fussy about cliques. One of the reasons I started blogging was to use it as an outlet to express what I really think about certain things that no one else around me is interested in. KC History, politics, events, news, parenting, blah, blah blah. I yearned for differing opinions and was tired of repeating the same topics of conversation over and over again. I was tired of talking about theatre and JOCO with my husband's theatre friends. I despise all the KU Basketball/Chiefs talk at work. My best friends are just like me. I wanted to connect to different than me people(in a non-committal way).

I think I've done so, even if most of the bloggers in KC have the same color skin and economic background as I do. So what? Some of our opinions are as different as night and day. I like it.

Keep on bloggin' KC!

Maybe Blogger Who Shall Not Be Named just needs a snack cake and to journey out of his mom's basement for a hug. Mama hugs and snack cakes sometimes help my cranky 3 year old, maybe it'll work for a surly Mexican?

Hell, I'll even give him a hug if he promises not to grope me.

2 comments:

kcmeesha said...

I'll name any blogger I want. I said as much to him. I think all this taking sides business is pretty childish myself. so I don't

MoxieMamaKC said...

Well, I'm all petty like that. It's part of my charm. Tony serves his purpose in the blogosphere, but I hate giving people attention when they abuse it.