Friday, April 11, 2008

A Girl Like That . . .

Handsome's brother (the only one of the three I truly like) who I'll call Savior, because he kind of looks like Jesus, broke up with his girlfriend about a month ago.

No one could ever really figure out why they were dating, since they openly admitted that they didn't want to get married. They want polar opposite things right down to having/not having kids/pets. Most of us just thought it was a "best friends with benefits" situation at first, but they lasted four and a half years.

So, out of the blue, Savior finally found his balls, and broke it off for good. She's devasted and depressed and I've been uncomfortably put into the older sister confidante spot. But whatever, this isn't her story.

Savior knows I've been comforting her and so we haven't really talked at all about the situation, I've been letting Handsome take care of that. (They work together and go out to lunch all the time).

Last night, Savior and I finally talked. Aparently he jumped into another relationship with a new girl (and a friend of ex-girl) slightly before he broke up with ex-girl. Disappointing, but most guys use the diving rod in their pants to guide them out of emotionally troubling situations.

What I can't figure out is what makes girls like New Girl tick. How can you go into a new relationship with someone that isn't out of the old one? What makes you think it's going to work out, because 8 times out of 10 it doesn't.

I haven't met her yet, but I really do have an open mind. She might be a perfectly lovely girl. I'm choosing to ignore some of the gossip from Handsome and Savior's sister, but it doesn't look good for her.

Why do women jump into relationships that fast, ignoring common sense? Does she really think that he can walk away from 4 years without any baggage?

I played tug of war with another girl over a stupid boyfriend of mine once when I was in college. I "won" but that's a game you never truly "win".

Womanhood defies me today. I'm at a loss.

2 comments:

Sizzle said...

I think sometimes the other person (the one not yet out of the relationship) makes it seem like the relationship is already over so there's a justification for their actions, even if it's deceptive and wrong. Sometimes we'll believe whatever we can to make us not feel like assholes. I'm not condoning it but I get how it happens. And it happens A LOT- worse with people who are married.

MoxieMamaKC said...

That's so true. It's easier than people think to go thru situations with blinders on when we have one goal in sight, I guess. I just hate that some women do this. It makes us all look so horribly desperate. Yuck and thank God for Handsome.