Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Givin' Mother Earth Some Lovin'



Happy Earth Day! The newest, flashiest fake holiday to hit the advertising world. It's even bigger than Memorial Day White Sales! Look out Black Friday, April 22 is starting to encroach on your turf.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's a great reminder to recycle and be careful of your carbon footprint, but this year it seems Earth Day is getting a bit more of a splash.

Maybe it's because it's an election year. Maybe I'm just a jaded marketer that's jumped on the bandwagon. (I'm in advertising and I have no shame)

Either way... go hug a tree today, crunch some granola, save a dolphin...whatever makes you feel like you're saving the planet.

Wearing a super cape and under-roos may be a little weird. Don't do that. Only professional super heroes can do that without looking odd.

0 comments: